Last updated: January 2018
Collection of Information
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information about you when you create an online account, complete a transaction, fill out a form, use our platform, respond to surveys, take part in prize competitions, send messages to us or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect are as follows:
- Contact information, such as your e-mail address;
- Date of birth;
- Identification number;
- Tax number;
- Copy of your identification document;
- Your photo;
- Bank statements or similar documents for identification purposes;
- Your ethereum address;
- Account information such as username and account preferences;
- Any information that are required for the tax purposes namely your VAT identification number.
Ethereum address does not in itself allow us to identify an individual person and would as such in certain jurisdictions not be considered personal information. In such jurisdictions, if we do combine this your ethereum address with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
When you access or use the WMC Services, we automatically collect information as follows:
- Transaction information: we collect information about the WMC Token Pre-Sale and Sale transaction you complete via the WMC Services, including the amount of ethereum funds and WMC tokens associated with WMC Token Pre-Sale or Sale.
- Device and Log information: we collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the WMC Services, including device identifiers, mobile network information, type of operating system, type of hardware used and the type of browser used. We also log information about your use of the WMC Services, including access times, pages viewed, IP address, other standard web log data, and the page visited before and after navigating to our websites.
Use of Information
We may use your information as follows:
- Provide the WMC Services and customer support;
- Process and send notices about your WMC Token Pre-Sale and Sale transactions;
- Manage your account(s) and send technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and help us respond to your customer service requests and support needs;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our user agreements;
- Personalize, measure and improve the WMC Services;
- Deliver marketing and promotional offers on behalf of WMC and others via e-mail;
- Carry out prize competitions we might organise if you take part in them;
- To help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected, to the extent such purpose is necessarily contemplated by the provision of WMC Services or as otherwise notified in the WMC Services at the time of collection.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. You may also opt out of receiving our newsletter or certain administrative emails. If you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Processing of Information
The WMC collects and processes the data described herein itself and does not forward or transfer them to any other entity or person.
Disclosure of Information
We will only use and disclose your personal information internally in order to:
- Understand and meet your needs and preferences;
- Develop new and enhance existing service and product offerings;
- Manage and develop our business and operations;
- Carry out any purposes for which we have received your consent; and
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements.
We may disclose any information we collect about you, whether you are a current or former customer, with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities, when:
- Compelled by subpoena, court order or other legal procedure;
- We believe the disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- Disclosure is necessary to report suspected illegal activity;
- We obtain your consent or at your direction.
Other than in connection with a merger, sale of WMC's assets, financing or acquisition, we will not sell or rent any of your information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
We implement reasonable security practices and procedures to help protect the confidentiality and security of your information, including any non-public personal information. We protect your information using reasonable physical, technical and administrative security measures, including by limiting access to your information to employees with a need to know such information. To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to our employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. They are typically stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use third party service provider(s), to assist us in better understanding the use of our Website. Our service provider(s) will place cookies on the hard drive of your computer and will receive information that we select that will educate us on such things as how visitors navigate around our Website, what products are browsed, and general transaction information. Our service provider(s) analyses this information and provides us with aggregate reports. The information and analysis provided by our service provider(s) will be used to assist us in better understanding our visitors' interests in our Website and how to better serve those interests. The information collected by our service provider(s) may be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you while you are using our services. Our service provider(s) is/are contractually restricted from using information they receive from our Website other than to assist us.
Account Information and access to Information
You may access and review or update your online account information at any time by logging into your account. If you want to close your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that if you close your account, we may retain your information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes, such as to collect fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, prevent fraud or enforce our user agreements.
You have a right to access the information we hold about you. We may ask you to pay a fee before providing you with this information.